CIAP is represented in New Zealand by Shareef Issa, who specializes in Arabic interpretation and consulting services for the Gulf region.
Shareef Issa has over 20 years experience in conference/TV-Broadcasting interpreting. He has covered major speeches and statements for world leaders, heads of states, breaking news, special interviews and presidential campaign televised debates, carried live by premier broadcasting corporations for more than 50 million viewers in the MENA region.
He interpreted at the G20 Leaders’ Summit in 2014 in Brisbane, Australia, and works regularly as a conference interpreter for high profile clients and organizations including UNODC, UN Women, IMF, G20, AMF, IDB and many other regional organizations.
He is a member of:
- International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC)
- New Zealand Society of Translators & Interpreters (NZSTI)
- International Criminal Court Roster of Freelance Translators
- National Accreditation Authority for Interpreters & Translators (NAATI)
- Roster of Interpreters, Justice Rapid Response/UN Women
- Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL)
Simultaneous conference interpreter, Auckland
Professional Address: Auckland
Languages: ARABIC, English